The provision of home care services enables individuals to remain at home yet receive the kind of assistance they need with daily tasks.
What is Home Care?
More than 7.6 million Americans receive home care, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The number is much greater when you consider that it does not include informal care which is a care given by a friend or family member. Home care is generally defined as non-medical support services delivered at the home of the senior. The aim of home care is to allow seniors to remain at home longer rather than enter an assisted living community, nursing home or other types of senior care. Home care may be appropriate if a senior prefers to stay at home but needs assistance with activities of daily living.
Activities of daily living include bathing, dressing, and meal preparation but may also extend to assistance with transportation, paying bills, making appointments, and simply being there to provide companionship and emotional support. Home care services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be paid directly by the client or through a variety of public and private funding sources such as Long Term Care Insurance, Workers Compensation, and Medicaid.
Some of our services include:
- Caring Companionship, Bed/Wheel Chair Transfers
- Bathing, Dressing & Grooming, Incontinence Care, Pet Care
- Light Housekeeping, Laundry & Linen
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
- Meal Preparation, Medication Reminders, Running Errands
We can provide quality and affordable care in the comfort of your own home. Our personal care attendants are English speaking, reliable, fully screened, bonded, and are employees of our agency with both liability and worker’s compensation insurance coverage. Contact us to discuss our variety of home care options for every need and budget. There’s no place like home!
Three essential questions to ask – to ensure the company you choose has a strong set of core values:
- Communication – Will I be able to easily communicate with the personal attendant and have continued access to my case manager? This is the core of our approach. We believe that you should never feel that there is a lack of control or communication with your personal attendant. For this reason, you are assigned a case manager who is always available.
- Integrity – Has a sense of trust been established? We believe this is the key to a comfortable relationship for the well-being of the client. That’s why we carefully screen all of our personal attendants who are members of a professional home care organization. They must also provide a written contract.
- Performance – Am I confident that I will get the professional care promised and that there will be accountability and follow up? Home care is dynamic; a family’s needs can change daily. You chose home care to allow your loved one to remain independent and retain their quality of life, not to endure more paperwork and problem solving. We make a simple promise: we will be there for your family. If you’re not satisfied, we will work with you until you are.